Invisalign Teen™ in Sharon, MA
Discreet Orthodontic Treatment Designed For Teens
Do you have a child in their teens in need of orthodontic treatment? Whether it’s crooked, misaligned, or unevenly spaced teeth, Invisalign® is a comfortable, fast-acting, and discreet orthodontic treatment option. However, younger patients often have unique dental needs and need additional help to ensure their treatment is successful, so Invisalign may not be appropriate for your child due to these reasons. Fortunately, at her Sharon, MA office, Dr. Agamov offers Invisalign Teen, an easy-to-use alternative orthodontic treatment for young adults.
Keep reading to learn more about this modified Invisalign solution and how your teen may benefit.
What Is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen utilizes the same materials and tools as the traditional Invisalign system. However, there are two major differences:
- Young adults may be more prone to losing trays due to the hustle of school, sports, and other activities, which is why Invisalign Teen includes extra aligner trays.
- Additionally, because young adults may need help keeping their treatment on track, Invisalign Teen aligner trays have small blue indicator dots on the end teeth that can show you and Dr. Agamov if they’ve been worn for the required 20 to 22 hours over the required number of days.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
Invisalign’s teen oriented treatment has many benefits that will be especially helpful to your young adult over the course of their orthodontic treatment. Some of those benefits are as follows:
- Better Self Esteem – Adolescence is an important time for your child to develop their self-esteem. Without the unattractive look of metal brackets and wires, your young adult will feel much better about the look of their smile.
- Faster Treatment – Metal braces can be especially hard for teens to deal with due to their long treatment time. Fortunately, Invisalign Teen works in half the average time of metal braces.
- Extra Aligners – While your child is undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign Teen, Invisalign dentist Dr. Agamov will prescribe spare aligner trays for your convenience. That way, your child will have spare trays whenever they need them.
- Comfort – Your child will have a much easier time wearing their aligners consistently as they go about their days due to the comfort of SmartTrack® technology.
The Invisalign Teen Process
Your teen will first attend an initial consultation with Dr. Agamov before she approves them for Invisalign treatment. Dr. Agamov will thoroughly examine your teen’s mouth, review their medical history, and ask them what they want out of their orthodontic treatment.
Once our Invisalign dentist has approved your teen for orthodontic treatment with Invisalign Teen, she’ll take images and impressions of their teeth. These will be sent to an Invisalign owned lab and serve as the blueprints for your teen’s custom-made Invisalign aligner trays.
When your teen returns to our Sharon, MA office, Dr. Agamov will make sure their new trays fit properly. Then, she’ll show them how to wear their trays before sending them home with their first sets of aligners.
Frequently Asked Questions
The exact cost of Invisalign Teen orthodontic treatment will depend on a number of factors including the number of aligner trays your teen needs and their insurance. We recommend you call your teen’s dental insurance provider beforehand and ask them which costs they can cover. If you need help affording your child’s treatment, we gladly offer financing options, including third-party financing through CareCredit.
The exact length of time it will take your teen’s orthodontic treatment with Invisalign to work will be dependent on their particular misalignment issues. Dr. Agamov will go over the details of your teen’s treatment with both of you during their consultation. They’ll also instruct them on how to properly wear their trays so their treatment stays on schedule.
If your child loses an aligner tray don’t worry. Orthodontic treatment with Invisalign Teen comes with up to six spare trays. That way, your child’s treatment stays on track, even if mistakes are made.
Your teen is likely to be a candidate for orthodontic treatment with Invisalign Teen if they:
- Have all of their adult teeth
- Have healthy teeth and gums
- Can follow the instructions for treatment
Your teen may not be the best candidate for this treatment if:
- They’re missing adult teeth
- They have cavities or unhealthy gums
- They’re not capable of following the instructions for their treatment
Dr. Agamov will inform you and your child of all of their treatment options and discuss which will work best for them.
Help Your Child Smile Their Best With Invisalign Teen
Your child deserves to be able to smile their best without the embarrassment and hassle of metal braces. Invisalign Teen can help make orthodontic treatment quick, discreet, and comfortable. Expert cosmetic dentist Dr. Agamov offers this teen-friendly orthodontic treatment to patients in Sharon and surrounding areas like Stoughton, Foxborough, and Canton, MA.
If you or your child want to learn more about orthodontic treatment with Invisalign Teen, contact Invisalign dentist Dr. Agamov at our Sharon office by dialing (781) 236-3586. You can also request an appointment online by clicking the button below and filling out our contact form. One of our friendly team members will get back to you soon.